Download learning and teaching resources.
Maori content for VBS teaching
Often the source books and text books we use for the disciplines we teach in VBS provide examples that are not directly relevant to the context of Aotearoa/New Zealand. They don’t have to be, but sometimes material that reflects the context, the history, the current day operational realities, or the demographics of our country can add to the quality and relevance of our teaching.
In Aotearoa/New Zealand we have an abundance of learning and teaching ‘riches’ that we can incorporate as part of the content of our classes. We have a resource available on the Business School's common drive (M:\Common\FCA Maori Content Teaching Resources). It was commissioned by VBS and is there to be used by our teachers, and by our students.
Initially have a look around at what is there, then consider how you might be able to make use of some of these resources. And let us know what you think – and equally important, let us know if there is something you think could be added.
Voluntary work placement template
This template must be used in all programmes of which unpaid internships/work placements are part of the curriculum.
The key clause is a specific requirement to “treat the Student in an ethical, respectful, and responsible manner and with fairness, integrity and empathy while they are on the Work Placement.”
Careers and Employment are going to produce further guidelines for students not immediately covered by “in curriculum” work experience.
Centre for Academic Development (CAD)
- login to Blackboard with your normal user name/password
- scroll to the bottom of your course lists to check if you can already see the “Digital Learning and Teaching Support Site” organisation. If you can, click on it to access the site
- if you cannot see the link, click on the Community tab in the green header (top right)
- enter "Digital Learning" into the search box located in the top right section of the page and click Go This will bring up a page with the VBS-DLT organization
- move the mouse next to the VBS-DLT to see a down-pointing arrow - the options menu
- click on the arrow and select Enroll
you will be taken to the organization and it will also be added to My Organizations on your My Blackboard page.