PhD programmes at Victoria Business School
Student theses are a major component of the Faculty's research activity, with all our Schools hosting many PhD students working on a wide variety of topics.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) consists of an individual course of supervised research that involves a substantial commitment from the candidate, supervisor(s), and the University that extends over some years. At a minimum, it requires two years of full-time registration.
PhD theses are evaluated by international standards, and the award of the degree is a mark of academic distinction. Prospective students should acquaint themselves with the relevant School's research activity and staff research expertise.
Key benefits of the Doctor of Philosophy programme
We believe that PhD study, both as a process of learning, and as an internationally recognised credential, offers numerous intrinsic and extrinsic benefits, including:
- the opportunity to make a significant contribution to both scholarship and practice
- the rewards of pursuing a topic of deep personal interest to you, building on prior education and experience through an individualised course of study
- the development of skills in research, analysis, theorising, methodology and communication
- the opportunity to develop valuable networks with the Faculty's interdisciplinary academic members and your fellow PhD candidates
Further information and PhD student profiles are available from the individual School websites:
- School of Accounting and Commercial Law
- School of Economics and Finance
- School of Government (see also the Digital Government)
- School of Information Management
- School of Management
- School of Marketing and International Business
There are three application deadlines—1 March, 1 July and 1 November each year. Applications must be completed online and before the deadline to be considered.
Faculty of Graduate Research
The Faculty of Graduate Research (FGR) has overall responsibility for the PhD programme. If you are interested in studying for a PhD at Victoria, go to the FGR website for more information.
For any enquiries about PhD admission and enrolment, contact email@example.com