Find out about examination dates and regulations.

If you are enrolled in a course with a final examination, then you have an obligation to be available to sit that examination at Victoria University at all times during the relevant examination period.


If something serious happens to affect your ability to take assessments or exams, you may be eligible for an aegrotat; see information on the aegrotat process at Victoria University. Contact the Student and Academic Services Office for an application form and further advice.

No Student ID?

If you have lost or misplaced your Student ID, a driver's licence or passport can be used instead. If you do not have either of these, you will be escorted at the end of the exam to the Examination Coordinator to fill out an ID verification form.

Dictionary use

Dictionary use in examinations is only permitted for students where English is not their first language. Dictionaries must be bilingual and paper based (i.e not electronic). Eligible students for Faculty of Commerce exams should take their dictionary to the examination, and it will be inspected at the beginning of the examination.

For other faculties, written permission is needed and the student should contact their faculty examination coordinator.

Sitting an examination out of time or place

It is possible to sit an examination at a different time or place only under exceptional circumstances, and these will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. An application form must be completed at least 21 days prior to the examination date, except in emergencies. Independent documentation must be provided in all cases.

Application forms are available from the Examination Coordinator