Tufi Taufao Scholarship
Tenure of award:
* The scholarship may be held for up to two successive trimesters.
* Closing dates will be 1 May
Closing dates for applications:
01 May 2018
Number of awards offered:
History or background of award
The Tufi Taufao Scholarships were introduced in 2011 to encourage greater numbers of Pasifika students to participate in overseas student exchange.
Purpose of award
To encourage Pacific students to participate in international exchanges, the Office of the Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Pasifika) will grant scholarships to eligible students who have been approved for exchange to approved exchange partner institutions, and who meet the requirements of the selection panel.
* The scholarships will be awarded to Pacific students who have been accepted for the Victoria Abroad programme and show a capacity for leadership and responsibility in business or the wider community.
* Applicants must also be domestic students.
* Academic achievement and hardship will also be considered.
* Information about exchanges and current exchange partnerships is available from http://www.victoria.ac.nz/exchange/.
How do students apply?
Applicants will be asked to complete all documentation outlined on the 'Application Form' and submit this documentation and the 'Application Form' to the Scholarships Office, 10 Kelburn Parade by 4.30pm on the due date.
A short personal statement outlining the applicant's career goals and indicating how they demonstrate a capacity for leadership and responsibility is required. This can include how the applicant may have demonstrated leadership within their School, University, community or working environment. The personal statement should also include an indication of how the exchange will contribute to the student's development as a Pacific student.
The successful applicants will be selected by a panel consisting of representatives from the Office of the AVC (Pasifika), the Scholarships Office and the Exchange Office. All groups may not be represented at each panel meeting.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the Scholarships Office as soon as possible after the selection panel meeting.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
* The successful applicant will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations of both Victoria University and their host institution and to act as an ambassador for Victoria University and New Zealand during their exchange.
* Recipients will be expected to provide a written report to the selection panel following their exchange and will be expected to act as ambassadors to encourage greater uptake of student exchange amongst their peers.
* Students may be required to participate in information or promotional events.
Who else has information about this award?
The Student Exchange Co-ordinator, Victoria International.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Position: The Scholarships Office
Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557