Faculty of Commerce Undergraduate Exchange Scholarships
$3,000 for one trimester and $5,000 for two successive trimesters.
Tenure of award:
One or two trimesters.
Closing dates for applications:
01 May 2018
01 October 2018
Applications close 1 May and1 October
Number of awards offered:
History or background of award
These scholarships were introduced in 2009 to encourage undergraduate students from the Faculty of Commerce at Victoria University of Wellington to participate in an exchange with an approved international exchange partner institution (partner institution list is attached).
Purpose of award
In order to facilitate the ability to participate in these exchanges, the Dean of the Faculty of Commerce will grant scholarships to eligible students who have been approved for exchange to institutions of strategic importance to the University, and who meet the requirements of the selection panel. A current list of approved exchange partners can be obtained from the Faculty Office or from the Student Exchange Coordinator, Victoria International.
The scholarships will be awarded to students studying for undergraduate degrees within the Faculty of Commerce who have been accepted for the Victoria University exchange programme and who show a capacity for leadership and responsibility in business or the wider community. Academic achievement and hardship will also be considered.
How do students apply?
* An online application will be available approximately one month prior to the closing date
* A short personal statement outlining the applicant's career goals and indicating how they demonstrate a capacity for leadership and responsibility is required. This can include how the applicant may have demonstrated leadership within their School, University, community or working environment.
* A list of exchange partners can be found on the Victoria International Website.
Recipients of these awards are not eligible to hold other Victoria University grants to support their exchange, except for the standard scholarship provided to all outgoing Victoria University of Wellington exchange students through Victoria International.
The successful applicants will be selected by a selection panel consisting of representatives from the Faculty of Commerce. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the Scholarships Office.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
* The successful applicant will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations of both Victoria University and their host institution and to act as an ambassador for Victoria University and New Zealand during their exchange.
* Recipients will be expected to provide a brief written report to the selection panel following their exchange.
Who else has information about this award?
Vivienne Askey, Enrolment Coordinator
Faculty of Commerce
Phone: 04 463 5385
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Position: The Scholarships Office
Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557