How to pay

There are various ways you can pay your fees. Learn about the different methods on this page.

New international students

If you have applied to study at Victoria you need to pay your fees before you arrive in New Zealand to meet the conditions of your student visa.

When to pay

You must pay your fees in full or check your eligibility for free fees before courses begin. For the majority of students studying in Trimester 1 2019 this date will be Friday 1 March 2019. When enrolling in courses after this date, fees are due upon enrolment.

If you are unable to pay your fees by the due date, contact

Ways to pay

Include your Student ID number with payment. You can pay your fees in the following ways:

Internet banking

ANZ Bank New Zealand account number 06-0606-0100241-00. Use your Student ID number and name as reference.

Paying online with a credit card

You can pay online using Visa and Mastercard through Student Records. You will need to log in to your Victoria University account.

Payments in person

Visit the student finance advisers at the Enrolments counter, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade, Wellington.

We accept Eftpos or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).

We cannot accept cash across the payments counter.

Paying by student loan

Phone: 0800 889 900

Find out further details about payments by student loan, or find out what other forms of financial support StudyLink offers.

Paying by instalments

Domestic students enrolled in at least two courses in at least two trimesters may request to pay their fees in by instalments. To arrange this, contact the student fees advisers.

If you are a first year international student or are paying by student loan, you cannot pay by instalments.

Failure to pay in full

Late payment penalty

If fees are not paid by the due date, a late payment penalty of $154 will be charged to your account. If you cannot make payment by the due date, you must contact the Student Fee Advisers.

Your enrolment

If you do not pay, you will be unable to enrol in other courses, receive a transcript or academic certificate or have a degree conferred. The University reserves the right to temporarily cancel a student’s enrolment until the fees are paid in full. If fees remain unpaid, we may refer your debt to a debt collection agency.

Student visa

International students with unpaid fees may have their student visa with Victoria University cancelled. Notification of this will be sent to Immigration New Zealand.

Student ID cards

Your Student ID card will only be issued or updated if your fee payments are up to date or if your student loan has been approved. This is important as you need your ID card to use the Library, access Halls of Residence, access the Student Computing Suites after hours, access discounts, and other student services.