If you’ve completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) at a school in New Zealand, you’ll be admitted through this category.
To be automatically accepted into programmes offered, you will need to:
- achieve University Entrance
- achieve the Guaranteed Entry Score (GES)*
- fulfil any other degree-specific requirements (eg. performance audition)
- apply by the deadline.
When applying, select the admission type ‘International Baccalaureate’.
* The GES also applies to applicants who sat IB prior to 2016.
University Entrance through IB
University Entrance through IB consists of the full IB diploma (24 points minimum).
The Guaranteed Entry Score
You will be ranked according to your IB score. If you achieve 28 points for IB, your score will also be 28 points.
If you achieve University Entrance but do not achieve the GES, we may waitlist you according to your score and application date. We will offer you a place in your programme as soon as possible.
Victoria is committed to providing pathways to university for under-represented groups. Māori and Pasifika applicants who achieve University Entrance but do not achieve the GES will be admitted with the following conditions:
- You must attend study and course planning interviews.
- You must attend the Māori or Pasifika New Students’ Orientation.
- You must participate in a faculty mentoring programme for Māori and Pasifika students.
Applications from students with disabilities who achieve University Entrance but do not achieve the GES will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Application key dates
For course advice or to find out more about your study options, email the Student Recruitment and Orientation team or phone 0800 VICTORIA (842 867).
You can apply to study in Trimester Two and Three:
- Trimester Two applications are due 21 June 2018
- Trimester Three applications are due 1 November 2018
Need help with course planning?
If you need help deciding what degree might be right for you, or what courses to take, talk with a liaison officer or book a course planning session with us, call 0800 VICTORIA (842 867) or email email@example.com.