Learn more about our wide range of postgraduate options; from single courses, to Honours programmes, to more advanced research in our Master’s and PhD degrees.
The Faculty of Graduate Research (FGR) administers and oversees all doctoral programmes at Victoria University of Wellington. Information about the PhD and other doctoral programmes, including admission requirements and the application process, can be found on the Faculty of Graduate Research website.
Postgraduate information events
Find out more information about upcoming postgraduate information events.
Unsure about what to study? If you are unsure about which postgraduate option would suit you best, contact Charlotte Deans, Postgraduate Liaison Officer. If you are a domestic student (a New Zealander or Australian citizen or permanent resident) she can assist you with information on postgraduate study options, give you general information about enrolment and get you in touch with the right people (for example, the relevant postgraduate coordinator).
Postgraduate Liaison Officer—Student Recruitment and Orientation
International students should contact Victoria International.
The Guide to Postgraduate Study is a general guide for prospective postgraduate students.
All postgraduate students can enrol online with the exception of the following:
- Exchange programmes—see Victoria International
- Thesis and research-based study—some Master’s programmes and PhD
- Diploma in Clinical Psychology—see School of Psychology
- International students—see Victoria International
If you fall into any of the above categories and are unsure who to contact, get in touch with Student Recruitment and Orientation for advice.
- PhD applications are due by 1 March, 1 July and 1 November. See the Faculty of Graduate Research website for further details.
- Other application deadlines vary. Check the individual course programme information.
Victoria University of Wellington has a range of postgraduate scholarships available. Visit scholarships to find out more.
The Course Finder provides a range of information on the University’s course offerings, including timetable information.