Postgraduate students' orientation
If you are starting Honours, a postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma or a Master’s, come to the postgraduate orientation session.
- Monday 25 February, 3–5pm, in HMLT205, Hugh Mackenzie Building, Kelburn Parade
- You'll meet other postgraduate students, learn about the Postgraduate Students’ Association (PGSA), and find out about the support services available at Victoria.
This event will be followed by refreshments and an opportunity to get to know other new postgraduate students.
And check out our other events for postgraduate students during New Students' Orientation week:
- Postgraduate Academic Preparation session
- Wednesday 27 February, 9.30–11 am, TTR104 Te Toki a Rata building
An information session hosted by Student Learning about postgraduate study tips and research skills.
- Hauora Chats—Thriving at University
- Wednesday 27 February, 11am–12 noon, TTR104 Te Toki a Rata building
A session for new postgraduate and mature students.
- Postgraduate Treasure Run
- Thursday 28 February, 4–5pm, Tim Beaglehole Courtyard, Kelburn campus
A treasure hunt for postgraduate students and their families.
- Orientation Breakfast Social
- Friday 1 March, 9.30–10.30am, Milk and Honey, Kelburn campus
Interact with fellow students and participate to win prizes.
For more information about postgraduate study at Victoria, contact:
Student Liaison Officer
PhD New Students' Orientation
The PhD New Students' Orientation is organised through the Faculty of Graduate Research. This is held over two days and offered four times a year.
View the dates for the 2019 PhD orientation schedule.