New Students’ Orientation
At the start of Trimesters 1 and 2, we welcome new students to the University through our New Students’ Orientation programme.
Monday 25 February–Friday 1 March, Trimester 1 2019
Victoria University of Wellington's 2019 New Students' Orientation is the week before official classes and will run from Monday 25 February 2019.
Make sure to get started on your Let’s Go card (check out the New Students’ Orientation booklet for details) and get ready for the Welcome Festival at 11 am on Friday 1 March.
Keep an eye on your inbox, email and our social media channels for more information.
Let's Go cards
Get stamps on your Let’s Go card during Orientation. Attend sessions and prepare for your university study, then go in the draw to win prizes at the Welcome Festival. Let’s Go cards are available in O-bags or at our information pod in the Hub during Orientation.
Things you can do at Orientation
- Understand and confirm your lecture timetable.
- Locate your lecture theatre(s).
- Visit your Faculty office.
- Buy your course books and texts at Vic Books, at Kelburn or Pipitea campus—a full list of course textbooks will be posted in the store and on the Vic Books website.
- Take a look at what’s on offer at Victoria Recreation.
- If you have housing questions visit the Accommodation Service.
- Check out some of our other student services.
- Careers and Employment, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Disability Services, Level 1 (ground floor), Robert Stout Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Financial Support and Advice, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Student Counselling and Student Health, Mauri Ora, Level 1, Student Union Building.
- Student Learning, Level 0, Kirk Building, Hunter Courtyard, Kelburn Parade.
- Awhina—Māori Student Support, Te Herenga Waka Marae, Kelburn Parade.
- Pasifika Student Support, Pasifika Haos, Mount Street, Kelburn.