New Students’ Orientation
At the start of Trimesters 1 and 2, we welcome new students to the University through our New Students’ Orientation programme.
Monday 24–Friday 28 February, Trimester 1 2020
Victoria University of Wellington's 2020 New Students' Orientation is the week before official classes commence—sessions and activities will run throughout the week.
Māori students’ Orientation and Pasifika students' Orientation will also run during the week.
Keep an eye on your inbox, email, and our social media channels for more information.
Things you can do at Orientation
- Understand and confirm your lecture timetable.
- Locate your lecture theatre(s).
- Visit your Faculty office.
- Buy your course books and texts at Vic Books, at Kelburn or Pipitea campus—a full list of course textbooks will be posted in the store and on the Vic Books website.
- Take a look at what’s on offer at Victoria Recreation.
- If you have housing questions visit the Accommodation Service.
- Check out some of our other student services.
- Careers and Employment, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Disability Services, Level 1 (ground floor), Robert Stout Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Financial Support and Advice, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Student Counselling and Student Health, Mauri Ora, Level 1, Student Union Building.
- Student Learning, Level 0, Kirk Building, Hunter Courtyard, Kelburn Parade.
- Awhina—Māori Student Support, Te Herenga Waka Marae, Kelburn Parade.
- Pasifika Student Support, Pasifika Haos, Mount Street, Kelburn.