New Students’ Orientation
At the start of Trimesters 1 and 2, we welcome new students to the University through our New Students’ Orientation programme.
Save the date—Trimester 1 2019
Victoria University of Wellington's 2019 New Students' Orientation is the week before official classes and will run from Monday 25 February 2019.
Keep an eye on your inbox, email and our social media channels for more information.
New Students' Orientation Week (February–March 2018)
It was another massive start to 2018 with the kick off for new students beginning with New Students' Orientation. See how the week played out and watch our video capturing the highlights of the week.
Things you can do at Orientation
- Understand and confirm your lecture timetable.
- Locate your lecture theatre(s).
- Visit your Faculty office.
- Buy your course books and texts at Vic Books, at Kelburn or Pipitea campus—a full list of course textbooks will be posted in the store and on the Vic Books website.
- Take a look at what’s on offer at Victoria Recreation.
- If you have housing questions visit the Accommodation Service.
- Check out some of our other student services.
- Careers and Employment, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Disability Services, Level 1 (ground floor), Robert Stout Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Financial Support and Advice, Level 1, Hunter Building, Kelburn Parade.
- Student Counselling and Student Health, Mauri Ora, Level 1, Student Union Building.
- Student Learning, Level 0, Kirk Building, Hunter Courtyard, Kelburn Parade.
- Te Pūtahi Atawhai, Level 2, Student Union Building.