Halls of residence payment schedules
Financial assistance from StudyLink is not enough to cover accommodation fees for a hall of residence. Use these resources to calculate your shortfall.
Hostel accommodation is for 38 weeks and is usually paid in four advance instalments. Meeting the instalment payments can be difficult for students who are reliant on the Student Loan Living Costs or the Student Allowance.
The Student Loan Living Costs or the Student Allowance is paid weekly for 37 weeks and payments start the second week of the course.
The first hostel instalment is due early- to mid-February. This payment must be funded from personal savings.
The remaining instalments can be partially paid by saving the weekly Student Loan Living Costs or the Student Allowance, but this will not be enough to meet the full amount.
Sample payment schedules
- pdf 222 Willis Street Hall payment schedule (479.6 KB)
- pdf Boulcott Hall payment schedule (477.2 KB)
- pdf Capital Hall payment schedule (478.0 KB)
- pdf Cumberland payment schedule (479.7 KB)
- pdf Education House payment schedule (479.8 KB)
- pdf Helen Lowry Hall payment schedule (476.9 KB)
- pdf Joan Stevens Hall payment schedule (477.2 KB)
- pdf Katharine Jermyn Hall payment schedule (477.5 KB)
- pdf Stafford House Hall payment schedule (479.6 KB)
- pdf Te Puni payment schedule (478.4 KB)
- pdf University Hall—Whānau House payment schedule (479.5 KB)
- pdf Victoria House payment schedule (477.3 KB)
- pdf Weir House payment schedule (477.2 KB)