Starting university is an exciting but daunting journey. Our Campus Coaches programme is here to help new students navigate their way around Victoria and connect and engage with university life and study.
Become a Campus Coach/Student Rep in 2019
We need Campus Coaches/Student Reps for 2019. Apply by Friday 28 September.
We are looking for students who want to give back to the university by helping with the transition of new students to Victoria during their first few weeks of study. This Student Rep/Campus Coach role will extend for all of 2019 with other opportunities to engage in events, gain leadership skills and confidence and meet other likeminded individuals.
We are looking for students who:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are able to work in a large team as well as independently.
- Are able to lead a team and speak/present in front of a group.
- Can creatively solve problems and use their initiative.
- Have knowledge of the Victoria University environment, support services and extracurricular activities on offer.
- Have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Will be studying at Victoria University in 2019.
For those studying during the summer trimester, your exams may be held during the week of training (Friday 22 February). We will do our best to accommodate your exam times within the training schedule to enable you to still be part of the programme.
For full information, download the Campus Coach role description.
Think you have got what it takes? Apply on CareerHub by 28 September 2018.
2018 recruitment timeline
- Applications close on 28 September at 5 pm.
- Majority of interviews will be held at the Kelburn campus between Monday 8–Friday 12 October.
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome in late October.