Starting university is an exciting but daunting journey. Our Campus Coaches programme is here to help new students navigate their way around Victoria and connect and engage with university life and study.
Become a Campus Coach / Student Rep in 2018
We need Campus Coaches/Student Reps for 2018. Apply by Wednesday 4 October 2017.
We are looking for students who want to give back to the university by helping with the transition of new students to Victoria during their first few weeks of study. This Student Rep/Campus Coach role will extend for all of 2018 with other opportunities to engage in events, gain leadership skills and confidence and meet other likeminded individuals.
We are looking for students who:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are able to work in a large team as well as independently.
- Are able to lead a team and speak/present in front of a group.
- Can creatively solve problems and use their initiative.
- Have knowledge of the Victoria University environment, support services and extracurricular activities on offer.
- Have the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Will be studying at Victoria University in 2018.
For those studying during the summer trimester your exams may be held during the week of training (Friday 23 February). We will do our best to accommodate your exam times within the training schedule to enable you to still be part of the programme.
For full information, download the Campus Coach role description.
Think you have got what it takes? Apply on CareerHub by 4 October 2017.
Recruitment timeline 2017
- Applications close on 4 October at 5pm
- Majority of interviews will be held at the Kelburn campus between Monday 16–Friday 20 October
- Applicants will be advised of the outcome in late October.