Victoria International Buddy Programme
Become a buddy, interact with some fantastic people and share your knowledge of Kiwi life.
The Victoria International Buddy Programme is a great way to meet new people, build international connections, help out new international students and share some insights into life at Victoria.
How to become a buddy
We’ll pair you with a new international student. You’ll be responsible for getting in touch with them before they get here, and arranging to meet with them when they arrive.
You’ll need to:
- attend an induction course before your buddy arrives
- be a friendly, welcoming face for your buddy
- commit around 12 hours over a trimester to spending time with your buddy and attending buddy programme events
- keep in touch with your buddy, even after they’re feeling comfortable at Victoria.
To register to be a local buddy you must:
- be studying towards a degree
- have already completed at least one full trimester at Victoria (ideally a full year).
You don’t have to be an international student to become a buddy.
Apply to be a buddy
Applications are now open for Trimester 1.
Resources for new buddies
Take a look through these resources before contacting your new buddy.