Sexual harassment prevention draft policy
Victoria University of Wellington is seeking feedback on a stand-alone Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy and associated procedures.
All students and staff at Victoria University of Wellington are invited to provide feedback on the draft policy and associated procedures.
Feedback can be submitted now via email to email@example.com.
The consultation period ends at 5 pm on Friday 17 May 2019.
The proposed policy defines and prohibits sexual harassment, sets out how the University will manage disclosures and complaints of sexual harassment, and encourages safe active bystander intervention.
The proposed procedures set out how students and staff can report sexual harassment, what will happen when they do, and how they can access advice and support.
- pdf Draft Sexual Harassment Prevention Policy—for consultation (322.2 KB)
- pdf Draft Sexual Harassment Prevention Procedures—for consultation (377.0 KB)
Questions relating to the proposed policy and procedures and/or the consultation process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provost Professor Wendy Larner will be hosting student forums on the Kelburn, Pipitea, and Te Aro campuses:
- Wednesday 8 May, 11–noon, Government Buildings Lecture Theatre 2 (GBLT2), Pipitea campus.
- Thursday 9 May, 10–11 am, Lecture Theatre 1 (VSLT1), Te Aro campus.
- Thursday 9 May, 2.30–3.30 pm, Student Union Memorial Theatre (SUMT228), Kelburn campus.
More information on the student forums will be available on the University's Facebook page.
Information on the staff forums will be available on the Staff Intranet.
If you need support, contact the Student Interest and Conflict Resolution team at email@example.com or Safe to Talk by calling 0800 044 344 or texting 4334.