Food and drink
A range of food is available across our campuses.
Cafés and food outlets
- The Hunter Lounge, Student Union Building—vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options are available, and halal food can be prepared upon request. This is not strict halal, contact the Hunter Lounge for details.
- Vic Books, Easterfield Building—vegetarian and vegan options available.
- Wishbone, Alan MacDiarmid Building—vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free options available.
- Bec's Café, Ramsey House, 8 Kelburn Parade.
- Te Herenga Waka Marae, 46 Kelburn Parade—$6 lunches are available Tuesday–Thursday.
- Louis’ Kiosk, Level 1, outside Kelburn Library—vegetarian options available.
- Milk and Honey, Level 1, Rankine Brown Building—for staff and postgraduate students, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available.
- Maki Mono, Level 2, Easterfield Building—sushi and other Japanese cuisine.
- The Lab, ground floor, Easterfield Building—salads, noodles and juices, vegetarian options available.
- Krishnafood—now in the Kirk Building, next to the overbridge. 11.30am–2.30pm Monday–Friday, during term time. $6 lunches available (eftpos available). All meals are vegan.
If you are unsure whether vegetarian or halal food is offered at a particular outlet, just ask.
Vending machines providing drinks and snacks are located around campus. There are also some zips and microwaves for heating your own food.
Vic Books café is on the ground floor of Rutherford House and has vegetarian and vegan options available.
There is a New World Metro supermarket at the Railway Station. The Pipitea campus is also close to the cafés and amenities of Lambton Quay and the CBD.
Te Aro campus
Te Aro campus is close to Cuba Street, one of the main café areas in Wellington, and there are also supermarkets, and convenience stores nearby.