Working with academic staff
The professional staff at Student Learning can support course coordinators, lecturers and tutors to meet the learning needs of all students.
As part of good teaching practice, we do not proofread students' work. Rather, learning advisers act as a sounding board, encouraging students to clarify their thought processes, organise their ideas and identify and meet their own learning needs.
Working with you
- We offer customised in-class sessions on academic writing, referencing, study, and research skills.
- We collaborate on the design of effective assessment tasks.
- We collaborate with postgraduate supervisors and help students develop the skills necessary to address supervisory feedback.
- We discuss learning issues such as plagiarism.
- We accept referrals from you for students who need ongoing support in terms of issues such as essay structure, referencing, grammar, and English expression.
Contact us if you would like to talk about any of the above.
Working with your students
Our learning advisers work with students one-on-one and in groups to develop the academic and study skills necessary for success. Student can book 50 minute appointments or attend workshops on topics such as:
- managing their time and setting up a study timetable
- structuring and writing different types of assessments e.g essays or reports
- preparing for oral presentations and exams
- developing their maths and statistics abilities.