Seminar Presentation: Pre-election Policy Forum
View video of the policy forum held on 15 September 2017.
What are the critical policy issues facing New Zealand at the 2017 general election and what are the options for tackling them?
The August issue of Policy Quarterly explored 10 major policy issues. On 15 September some of the contributors to this issue offered their perspectives and discussed the possible implications of the election for policy reform in New Zealand. The panel was chaired by Professor Girol Karacaoglu.
- Paul Conway, Productivity Commission
- Chris Nixon, New Zealand Institute for Economic Research
- Prof Norman Gemmell, Chair in Public Finance, VUW
- Dr Marie Brown, Institute for Governance and Policy Studies, VUW
- Dr Cathy Wylie, New Zealand Council for Educational Research
- Prof Jonathan Boston, School of Government, VUW