Prof Yothin Jinjarak
Teaching in 2019
- as Course Coordinator and Lecturer
Yothin's Personal homepage
BA Thammasat University, Bangkok
PhD University of California, Santa Cruz
International trade and macroeconomics, Development
- 'Fiscal space and government-spending and tax-rate cyclicality patterns: A cross-country comparison, 1960–2016' (with J. Aizenman, H. Nguyen, and D. Park), Journal of Macroeconomics, 60 (2019), pp. 229-252.
- 'Chinese outwards mercantilism – The art and practice of bundling' (with J. Aizenman and H. Zheng), Journal of International Money and Finance, 86 (2018), pp. 31-49.
- 'An empirical assessment of the export – financial constraint relationship: How different is the small and medium enterprise (SME)?' (with G. Wignaraja), World Development, 79 (2016), pp. 152-163.
- 'Supply chains, global financial shocks, and firm behavior towards liquidity needs' World Economy, 38, 3 (2015), pp. 435-444.
- 'Real estate valuation, current account and credit growth patterns, before and after the 2008-9 crisis' (with J. Aizenman), Journal of International Money and Finance, 48 (2014), pp. 249-270.
- 'China’s growth, stability, and use of international reserves' (with J. Aizenman and N. Marion), Open Economies Review, 25, 3 (2014), pp. 407-428.
- 'Granular institutional investors and global market interdependence' (with H. Zheng), Journal of International Money and Finance, 46 (2014), pp. 61-81.
- 'Sovereign default risk with self-fulfilling expectations: Theory and evidence from a new dataset on outstanding credit default swaps' (with T. Janus and M. Uruyos), Journal of Financial Stability, 9, 3 (2013), pp. 330-336.
- 'The effect of World Bank trade adjustment assistance on trade and growth: 1987-2004, Is the glass half full of half empty?' (with G Salinas and Y Tsikata), Economic Systems, 37, 3 (2013), pp. 415-430.
- 'Capital controls in Brazil: Stemming a tide with a signal?' (I. Noy and H. Zheng), Journal of Banking and Finance, 37, 8 (2013), pp. 2938-2952.
- 'What is the risk of European sovereign debt default?' (J. Aizenman and M. Hutchison), Journal of International Money and Finance, 34 (2013), pp. 37-59.
- 'The fiscal stimulus of 2009-10: trade openness, fiscal space and exchange rate adjustment' (with J. Aizenman), NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics (2012), pp. 301-342.
- 'International fund investment and local market returns' (with J. Wongswan and H. Zheng), Journal of Banking and Finance, 35, 2 (2011), pp. 572-587.
- 'International reserves and swap lines: substitutes or complements?' (with J. Aizenman and D. Park), International Review of Economics and Finance, 20, 1 (2011), pp. 5-18.
- 'Causality, real estate prices, and the current account' (with S Sheffrin), Journal of Macroeconomics, 33, 2 (2011), pp. 233-246.
- 'New evidence on asset location from the survey of consumer finances' (with J. Zhou), Public Finance Review, 39, 4 (2011), pp. 594-615.
- 'Current account patterns and national real estate markets' (with J. Aizenman), Journal of Urban Economics, 66, 2 (2009), pp. 75-89.
- 'Trade variety and political conflict: some international evidence' Economics Letters, 103, 1 (2009), pp. 26-28.
- 'Globalisation and developing countries - a shrinking tax base?' (with J Aizenman), Journal of Development Studies, 45, 5 (2009), pp. 653-671.
- 'Foreign direct investment and macroeconomic risk' Journal of Comparative Economics, 35, 3 (2007), pp. 509-519.
Books and chapters
- 'Connecting Central Asia with Economic Centers', ADB Institute (2014), Tokyo.
- 'Competition, Labor Intensity and Specialization: Structural Changes in Post-crisis Asia' (with K Naknoi), in Trade and Employment in Asia, Niny Khor and Devashish Mitra (eds.), 2013, pp. 72-92, Routledge.