Dr Yu-Wei Luke Chu
Teaching in 2019
- as Course Coordinator and Lecturer
- as Course Lecturer
Luke's Personal homepage
BA National Taiwan University
PhD Michigan State University
Labour Economics, Health Economics, Applied Econometrics, Economics of Crime
- 'Intergenerational earnings mobility in Taiwan: 1990-2010' (with Ming-Jen Lin), Empirical Economics, forthcoming. Also available as a SEF working paper 17/2016.
- 'Joint culpability: The impact of medical marijuana laws on crime' (with Wilbur Townsend), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 159 (2019), pp. 502-525. Also available as a SEF working paper 04/2017. 'High times: The effects of medical marijuana laws on student time use' (with Seth Gershenson), Economics of Education Review, 66 (2018), pp. 142-153. Also available as a SEF working paper 08/2016.
- 'What do we still need to know about the impacts of medical marijuana laws in the United States?' Addiction, 113, 6 (2018), pp. 1017-1018.
- 'Gender gap in upward mobility: What is the role of non-cognitive traits?' (with Susan J. Linz), International Journal of Manpower, 38, 6 (2017), pp 835-853. Also available as a SEF working paper 13/2015 .
- 'Do medical marijuana laws increase hard-drug use?’, The Journal of Law and Economics, 58, 2 (2015), pp. 481-517. Also available as a SEF working paper 02-2014.
- 'The effects of medical marijuana laws on illegal marijuana use', Journal of Health Economics, 38 (2014), pp. 43–61. Also available as a SEF working paper 03/2014.
- 'Work ethic in formerly socialist economies' (with Susan J. Linz), Journal of Economic Psychology, 39 (2013), pp. 185–203.
- 'Weber, Marx, and work values: Evidence from transition economies' (with Susan J. Linz), Economics System, 37, 3 (2013), pp. 431-448.