Faculty Strategic Research Grants (FSRG)
FSRG applications can be made to contribute towards one of the following:
STUDENT CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
- Attendance of postgraduate students (Masters or PhD) at conferences to present results from their thesis research.
- Students must be enrolled at the time of their conference.
- It is expected that a PBRF publication will be associated with it if co-authored with his/her Supervisors.
- Research thesis students (PhD and Master by Research) may apply twice for an FSRG to fund conference attendance. A maximum of up to $2000 from SEAD Faculty (their School/External Source - matching up to $1000).
- Any reasonable costs associated with a specific research project of very high merit or strategic value to Victoria being carried out by staff (or in exceptional circumstances Master's or PhD students).
- Note: FSRGs cannot be used to fund the Summer Scholarships Scheme.
Note: Submission by a School to the Faculty Research Committee implies that at least 33% of the funds being sought are met by the Schools own internal funding and/or external grants awarded to the applicant. This must be confirmed at the time of application.