Victoria Doctoral Hardship Scholarship
To assist doctoral candidates who are experiencing unexpected financial hardship. The budget for this fund is limited and priority will be given to candidates who are nearing completion or who are under examination.
Applicants must: * be currently enrolled in a doctoral programme at Victoria University * have achieved full registration * not be on suspension * be living in Wellington.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Applicants are expected to have used their entitlements under the Student Loan Scheme (if eligible) and have exhausted all other avenues.
You will be notified of the outcome by the Scholarships Office.
* Although candidates may apply at any time after they have achieved full registration, preference will be given to candidates nearing completion or between submission of the thesis for examination and lodgement of the thesis in the library. * The committee will consider any unforeseen circumstances (academic or personal) that have hindered the applicant's study. * Student levies and insurance are not considered to be unforeseen expenses.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.