Victoria Business School & AVC (Pasifika) Scholarship
The purpose of the Scholarships is to incentivise and encourage more Pasifika students into the full range of business, economics and public sector disciplines at Victoria University of Wellington.
These Scholarships have been established by Victoria Business School and the Assistant Vice- Chancellor (Pasifika) for two Year 13 Pasifika students (one male and one female).
Students must have a high quality of achievement in NCEA. The scholarships will be awarded to Pacific students who have submitted or be are in the process of submitting an application to study at the Victoria Business School.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Payment of the scholarship is subject to receipt of confirmation of enrolment in a Victoria Business School programme of study.
All applicants will be advised by letter of the outcome of their application. Successful applicants will receive notification by letter and will be officially awarded the scholarship at an event to be advised.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.