Victoria Business School & AVC (Pasifika) Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarships is to incentivize and encourage more Pasifika students into the full range of business, economics and public sector disciplines at Victoria University of Wellington.
These scholarships have been established by Victoria Business School and the Assistant Vice- Chancellor (Pasifika) for four prospective undergraduate Pasifika students (two male and two female).
Students are to be nominated by the Pasifika Business Network. Students must have University Entrance. The scholarships will be awarded to Pasifika students who have submitted or are in the process of submitting an application to study at the Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must have University Entrance.
- Applicants must have submitted or are in the process of submitting an application to study at the Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A nomination from a member of the Pasifika Business Network.
- A one-page statement on why you wish to pursue business, economics and public sector disciplines (a Bachelor of Commerce) and what you aspire to do upon completion of your degree.
Scholarships will be awarded by joint decision by the Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Pasifika) and the Pro Vice-Chancellor of Victoria Business School or nominated representatives.
The basis of selection will be:
- Satisfied eligibility requirements for admission to the Victoria University of Wellington
- Confirmation of acceptance into a programme of study at the Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington
All applicants will be advised by email of the outcome of their applications. Successful applicants will receive notification by email and will be officially awarded the scholarship at an event to be advised together with your family.
Regulations and conditions
- The holding of the scholarship will be conditional upon the student being fully enrolled in a Bachelor of Commerce as at the end of March of the year following the application.
- The recipients will be expected to meet with the Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean of Commerce at least once a trimester within their first year of study and in future years, provide mentoring to the subsequent recipient of this scholarship.
- Candidates must submit an interim report outlining progress made and a full report on the completion of the course.
Gail Ah-Hi (Gail.email@example.com) - Executive Officer to the Assistant Vice-Chancellor (Pasifika)