Rachael Westergaard Memorial Masters Scholarship in Geophysics
The scholarship is to encourage students into the field of Geophysics, an area which Rachael was very passionate about.
This scholarship is available to those students intending to do research leading to a Master's degree in the subject of Geophysics - either Solid Earth Geophysics or Meteorology.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Recipients will be required to write a letter of acknowledgement to the donors on acceptance of the scholarship and another when the scholarship is coming to an end (or soon after) to briefly advise the donors of their research outcomes. Recipients should also acknowledge the donors of this scholarship in their thesis and if requested provide a copy of their thesis to the donors.
Decisions will normally be made in December.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.