Norman Kirk Memorial Trust Pasifika Scholarship
After his early death, donations from citizens and governments were put into a fund which is now administered and invested by the Trust. From the income earned, scholarships are provided to South Pacific and New Zealand students, particularly those who are * Committed to 'second chance' education or training, and, * Are working towards a qualification which will equip them to make a greater contribution in the community.
* This scholarship is offered, via the Victoria University Foundation, to a New Zealand-based Pasifika student who meets the Trust's criteria and who is enrolled full-time for the first year of a degree course at Victoria University and is facing financial hardship. * Preference may be given to a mature student. * The scholarship will be a contribution to course fees. * Applicants must be New Zealand-based Pasifika students who meet the Trust's criteria outlined above, are enrolled for their first year of fulltime study for a degree course at Victoria, and are facing financial hardship.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Recipients are required to write a letter of thanks to the donors and to submit an end-of-year progress report.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.