Ngati Manawa Iwi Education Scholarship (Accomodation)
The scholarship is to offset the cost of staying in one of Victoria University's Halls of Residence.
This scholarship is funded by Ngāti Manawa Charitable Trust in conjunction with Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Manawa for the purpose of encouraging and financially supporting the successful pursuit of tertiary qualifications and leadership development for Ngāti Manawa.
* Be a registered beneficiary of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Manawa, Murupara. * Be an enrolled fulltime student of Victoria University of Wellington. * Be attending one of Victoria University's Halls of Residence.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
The scholarships will be paid in 2 installments and cease should a student end full time study. Scholarship recipients are strongly encouraged to contribute positively to the university marae by volunteering some time to support the role and function of the marae, or by supporting other Ngāti Manawa/Māori students to have a positive university experience.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.