Fuji Xerox Future Leaders Scholarship
These scholarships are designed to be fully comprehensive, and will support a student right the way through from their first year to their third year of study.
As part of their outreach in supporting the best and brightest students to achieve in tertiary education, and onward into fulfilling careers, Fuji Xerox are offering three scholarships to Victoria University of Wellington students.
· Applicants must have NCEA level 2 endorsed with Merit or have University Entrance or equivalent and intend to enrol full-time in their first year of undergraduate study at Victoria University of Wellington in the year following application · Applicants must be under the age of 25 years on 1 December in the year of application · Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or have New Zealand permanent resident status. · Applicants must be intending to enrol in an undergraduate degree under the Victoria Business School, or, one of the following degrees: a Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity Engineering or Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering; or a Bachelor of Science majoring in Computer Science. · The donor is looking for a young person who demonstrates leadership qualities and who is intending to follow a career in their chosen field of study. · Academic merit will be the main-focus when assessing applications, but as a secondary consideration, preference may be given to students experiencing financial hardship. · Students must maintain a B+ average GPA in order to maintain the scholarship
A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
· This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with other full fee-paying awards · Recipients may be asked to attend a presentation evening for this scholarship with the donor. The recipients may also be asked to participate in promotional activities around this scholarship
The recipient will be selected by a committee comprising of the Dean of Engineering, or their nominee, the Dean of the Business School, or their nominee, in consultation with representatives from Fuji Xerox.
The value of the scholarship is $30,000, at $10,000 per year for three years. In the first year, $5,000 to be paid toward accommodation, and $5,000 to be paid as a stipend. For the second and third years, $5,000 toward either tuition fees or accommodation, and $5,000 as a stipend.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.