Prize for Original Composition
$500 subject to available funds
No application required
This prize arises from a fund established by the Wai-te-ata Press and the Victoria University Press in 1986 in memory of Pamela Tomlinson, the first editor of Victoria University Press. Its purpose is to encourage original writing and is is awarded to the best person worthy of the prize who is enrolled in CREW 254 or CREW 257.
1. The prize shall be open to any student enrolled in CREW 254, CREW 256, CREW 257 or CREW 352.
2. The prize shall be awarded annually by the Academic Board on the recommendation of the Head, International Institute of Modern Letters, to the best person worthy of the prize in the year of the award.
3. The value of the prize in any year shall be determined by the Academic Board after consideration of the income from the fund.
4. The prize shall be paid in cash.
5. In any year, any part of the income from the fund not expended shall be added to the fund.