Dr W E Collins Prizes in English
a) $40 b) $40 c) $60
No application required
Founded by Dr W E Collins for the encouragement of English Literature among graduates and undergraduates of this University, these prizes are awarded for work of outstanding merit in:
a) 100-level English Literature courses
b) 200-level English Literature courses
c) 300-level English Literature courses.
Founded by Dr W E Collins for the encouragement of English Literature among graduates and undergraduates of this University.
1. There shall be three prizes awarded to students who work has been of outstanding merit in:
(a) l00-level English Literature courses;
(b) 200-level English Literature courses;
(c) 300-level English Literature courses.
2. The award shall be made annually by the Academic Board after receiving a report from the Head, School of English, Film and Theatre.
3. The value of the prizes shall be determined by the Academic Board after consideration of the income from the fund. The 100-level and 200-level prizes should each equal approximately 20 percent, the 300-level Prize approximately 40 percent of the income.
4. The balance of the income not expended shall be added to the fund. Part of the prize money shall be spent on a book, or books.
5. The prize for work at 300-level shall be awarded to a student in English deemed worthy of the award who has completed a Bachelor of Arts degree with English as the major subject and who in the year following the award is proceeding to a degree of Bachelor of Arts with Honours in English.