About the Chair
The Chair in Public Finance was established in 2011 with the Victoria Business School in association with a number of external stakeholders. The Chair is located in the School of Accounting and Commercial Law, reports to the CPF Advisory Board and works collaboratively with other researchers in Victoria Business School and public finance specialists in New Zealand and Overseas.
The Chair in Public Finance is supported by an Advisory Board which includes senior representatives from the University, partner and sponsoring organisations. The role of the Board is to advise and support on the research work programme of the Chair, links with key stakeholders, policy and public engagement initiatives and the financial underpinning of the Chair.
The CPF reports regularly to the Advisory Board. The Board consists of the following members:
- Mr Gerald Minnee, The Treasury (Advisory Board Chair)
- Dr Philip Stevens, Ministry of Education
- Dr Matt Benge, Chief Economist, Inland Revenue
- Mr Paul Conway, Director - Economics & Research, New Zealand Productivity Commission
- Professor Ian O. Williamson, Pro Vice-Chancellor and Dean, Victoria Business School
- Professor Ian Eggleton, Head of the School of Accounting and Commercial Law
- Associate Professor Jack Robles, Head of the School of Economics and Finance
- Professor Girol Karacaoglu, Head of the School of Government
For a more detailed profile on Professor Norman Gemmell visit the Victoria University’s Meet our researchers page.