Working with us
View the current academic and general staff vacancies at the School of Accounting and Commercial Law.
All vacancies within the School of Accounting and Commercial Law are advertised online at Victoria University's dedicated vacancy website, along with other university academic and general staff vacancies.
Tutoring in undergraduate courses at SACL
The School of Accounting and Commercial Law invites applications from BCOM and/or LLB students for part-time tutoring positions in the following undergraduate Commercial Law courses in Trimester 2 2019:
COML204 Law of Organisations
COML306 Law of International Business
Expressions of interest consisting of a cover letter and a CV to be emailed to Jane Perry in the School of Accounting and Commercial Law by Tuesday 18 June 2019. If you have tutored for the University previously please include the most recent tutor evaluation you have with your application. Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Preparation and delivery of scheduled tutorials
- Availability for student consultation
- Recording of tutorial attendance on Blackboard
- Marking and recording of students’ work (if required)
- Test Invigilation (if required)
- Attendance of scheduled meetings with other tutors and the Course Coordinator
- Enhance your leadership, people management and time management skills
- Develop your presentation and verbal communication skills, including learning to give effective feedback
- Gain a deeper understanding of a subject
- Experience working within a diverse team
- Completed BCom or postgraduate student with a Commercial Law major and at least an A- grade in the course you wish to tutor; or
- Completed LLB with solid record; or
- Completed all compulsory 200 level LAWS courses with a B+ or above average and successful completion LAWS360 for COML204 tutors or LAWS354 for COML306 tutors;
- Outgoing personality and an interest in the support and development of students;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well organised and reliable.
The following paid training is provided:
- 3 hour Introduction to Tutoring Workshop (Orientation Week and Week 1)
- 2 hour Marking and Feedback Workshop (Weeks 3 or 4) (if required)
- 30 minute Health and Safety Briefing (Weeks 1 or 2)
- 2 hour VBS Inclusive Tutor Training Session (Week 1)
Training is mandatory for new tutors.
Duration of employment
Tutors are contracted each trimester to take three or four tutorial groups in a course.
For further information contact Jane Perry, at the School of Accounting and Commercial Law.
The Don Trow Visiting Fellowships in Accounting Research
This research fellowship is funded by the Centre for Accounting, Governance and Taxation Research; further details on the CAGTR website.