InternetNZ Prize for academic achievement in COML 307: Legal Issues for E-Commerce
The School of Accounting and Commercial Law in the Faculty of Commerce and Administration, Victoria University of Wellington is delighted to announce that InternetNZ has donated an annual prize of $750 for the best student in COML 307. The prize will be awarded from 2011.
We are most grateful to Internet NZ for this generous award, which reflects both the increasing importance of the internet for New Zealand businesses and the need for academic study of the relevant internet laws.
InternetNZ (Internet New Zealand Inc. http://internetnz.net.nz/ ) is a not for profit, charitable, open membership organisation dedicated to protecting and promoting the Internet in New Zealand, including management of the .nz domain name space. The funds raised from management of the .nz domain name space are used to further the objectives of InternetNZ, which are:
- To promote easily available access to the Internet for New Zealanders including fibre to every home.
- To develop, maintain and disseminate standards for the Internet and its associated technologies and applications.
- To develop effective administrative processes for the operation of the Internet in New Zealand.
- To promote education and conduct research related to the Internet.
- To represent the common interests of the wider NZ Internet community.
- To support continued competitive provision of access to the Internet.
Further information about this prize can be found on our website: http://www.fis.org.nz/BreakOut/vuw/schols.phtml?prize+600283.