Human Ethics Committee
The University's Human Ethics Committee and subcommittees are responsible for the assessment of human ethics applications.
If you have queries about your ethics application, please contact the Research Office ethics team.
Human Ethics Committee membership
- Dr Judith Loveridge, School of Education (Convenor)
- AProf Stephen Marshall, Centre for Academic Development (Deputy Convenor)
- AProf Rhonda Shaw, School of Social and Cultural Studies
- Dr Lee Davidson, School of Art History, Classics and Religious Studies
- Dr Rebecca Kiddle, School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences
- Dr Russil Durrant, School of Social and Cultural Studies
- Dr Martin Woods, Graduate School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health
- Dr Denise Taylor, Graduate School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health
- Dr Lorena Gibson, School of Social and Cultural Studies
- Dr Catherine Caudwell, School of Design
- AProf Anne Galloway, School of Design
- Dr Craig Rofe, School of Education
- Maggie Haggerty, School of Education
- Dr Mark Bennett, Faculty of Law
- Dr Arini Loader, School of History, Philosophy, Political Science & International Relations
- Dr Nigel Isaacs, School of Architecture
- Dr Courtney Addison, Faculty of Science
- Ali Glasgow, School of Education
- Will Abbiss, student representative
- Schyana Sivanantham, student representative
- Isabel Lemanutau, external community member
- Nikki Geeson, external community member
- Dr Irene Braithwaite, external committee member
Human ethics subcommittees
Some faculties and schools in the University have human ethics subcommittees with approval powers delegated from the Human Ethics Committee.
If you are a staff member or student in the below faculties or schools, you should ensure the relevant subcommittee is selected when making your online application.
Pipitea (Commerce and Law)
Find out more on the Pipitea (Commerce and Law) subcommittee webpage.
School of Psychology Human Ethics Committee (SOPHEC)
School of Information Management
Discuss Human Ethics applications
To talk to someone about an application, contact:
Research Ethics Advisor