Teaching in 2019
- as Course Coordinator and Lecturer
Legal history, Treaty of Waitangi issues, Jurisprudence esp law and literature, Dispute Resolution, Legal Education
BA (Hons), LLB (Hons), PhD Waik, LTCL
Grant joined the Faculty of Law in 2002. His research and teaching specialty areas include New Zealand legal history, negotiation and mediation, and law and literature. Grant is the recipient of a Victoria University ‘Excellence in Teaching’ Award.
Areas of supervision
- Legal History
- Negotiation and Mediation
- Law and Literature
- History of the NZ legal profession
- Styles of mediation and negotiation in the NZ legal system
- The NZ commercial mediation market
Selection of publications
Prendergast: Legal Villain? (Victoria University Press, Wellington, 2014).
Law Alive: The New Zealand Legal System in Context (3rd ed, Oxford University Press, Melbourne, 2015).