The inclusion of a link on this page does not necessarily imply an endorsement of the site. We would appreciate your suggestions of other useful sites to add to the list, and feedback on any broken links.
Related research projects and resources
- No Doubt Research: contains brief articles on knowledge management and qualitative research methods in New Zealand organisation.
- SCANS Interactive Prototype: LexIcon Interactive Media Solutions, Sharon, VT, USA. Developed with a grant from the US Department of Education, LexIcon have developed a prototype web-based instructional model for teaching the skills necessary for the 21st century workplace.
- Languages National Training Organisation: conducted a study under the auspices of the UK capitalisation exercise of the Leonardo da Vinci I Programme, looking at the incorporation of languages teaching as part of business and vocational training. Its recommendations give a useful summary of how and why language teaching should be incorporated into business training.
- Workbase NZ: the National Centre of Workplace Literacy and Language. Works with employers, education and training providers and government agencies to find strategies to improve workplace literacy, English language and numeracy skills. They are also NZQA accredited to provide training programmes in these areas.
- English for Employment: Pascal Brown has developed a website for students learning English as a second language in New Zealand. The site aims to help develop students' skills in business English and workplace communication, as well as everyday English. It includes a reange of useful information and on-line exercises.
- Work Talk - NZ Workplace Communication: A tool developed by Immigration New Zealand in collaboration with the Language in the Workplace team. It is designed to help improve communication between New Zealand employers or managers and new migrant employees from other cultures.
Homepage of Teun A. van Dijk
Organisational management and communication studies
- Emerald: a trading name of MCB UP Ltd., publishes the world's widest range of management and library & information services journals. There are numerous full-text articles about organisations and communication.
- Communication Institute for Online Scholarship: general communication research and information. Some fun stuff too.
General research resources
Royal Society of New Zealand Code of Ethics: the Royal Society puts out a code of ethics which should apply to all those carrying out scientific research. The Language in the Workplace Project complies with these standards and we encourage all those intending to carry out similar research to follow them as well.