BSc BA(Hons) Witwatersrand, MA PhD Natal
Main research interests
- Genre analysis
- Discourse analysis, using corpus methods
- English for Specific Purposes
- Academic writing, in particular acquisition of written academic genres.
Current research projects
- Since 2014 Jean has been working on a research project on trades language and its acquisition in pedagogical contexts.
- Jean has a long-term interest in the language of science and technology; she is currently working on a study of student writing in engineering.
Jean supervises PhD research in the areas of Genre, Writing pedagogy, Corpus Linguistics, English for Academic Purposes and English for Specific Purposes.
- Coxhead, A., Parkinson, J., Mackay, J. & McLaughlin, E. (2020). English for vocational purposes: Language use in trades education. London: Routledge.