Mobile and desktop phones
ITS administer telephone and mobile communication services for University staff and external suppliers.
Telephone services include:
- management and maintenance of the University’s core telephone system
- installation of new telephone connections
- voicemail services
- telephone moves and disconnections
- landline extension maintenance
- mobile handset, and call and data plan procurement.
ITS negotiate a centrally-managed contract for mobile phones for staff.
Basic mobile phones are provided free-of-charge and a special corporate plan for airtime applies. This allows the total cost of mobile phone services to the University to be reduced. Itemised billing for calls is provided to departments under this contract.
Victoria University of Wellington staff and external parties can request a new telephone connection or mobile phone by completing the online request forms: