Internet and Wi-Fi
We support for internet connectivity, filtering, security, and domain registration and management. Find out how to connect to the University wireless network.
Victoria University of Wellington staff and students can use the University's high speed internet and wireless network for teaching, learning, research and University related tasks.
We provide support to manage internet access and use:
- Connectivity to internet sites, applications and resources from your desktop or mobile devices
- filtering of objectionable web sites and material
- firewall for security management
- domain registration and management
- wireless internet access.
Victoria University of Wellington operates a web filtering service to block objectionable websites and material. If you need to access a blocked site as a part of your work or study please follow the Explicit material policy to arrange access.
Staff and student Wi-Fi access
Wireless access is available throughout all University campuses. Wireless access requires an internet capable device and a current staff or student logon account.
Staff and students can access the Victoria University of Wellington Wi-Fi network by:
- Opening your device's Wi-Fi settings and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Selecting 'Victoria" from the list of available wireless networks.
- Entering your username and password, then selecting connect.
Guest Wi-Fi access
Victoria University of Wellington also provides guest wireless access for visiting academics and short-term visitors to the University. Visitors will need an email address to register for the service.
- Open your devices and make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on.
- A list of available wireless networks will be displayed. Select “Victoria”.
- Open a web browser and navigate to the internet.
- Upon redirection to the Victoria Wireless Portal page, select ‘Don’t have an account?’.
- Enter your email address and after reading the terms and conditions, tick the ‘Agree’ box.
- Press ‘Register’, and then ‘Sign On’ to complete the sign in process.
Your wireless connection will time out after a period of inactivity. The connection will be re-established after logging in again.