Victoria’s Foundation Studies Programme is designed to help international students who don’t meet our entry requirements to prepare for undergraduate study.
The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme is taught by ACG New Zealand International College, and offers successful students guaranteed entry to Victoria University of Wellington’s undergraduate programmes.
The ACG Pathways Campus is conveniently located in central Wellington, a short walk from Victoria University of Wellington. The central location means easy access to public transport, accommodation, shops, cafes and restaurants.
Victoria Foundation Studies Programme, taught by ACG New Zealand International College
- The Victoria Foundation Studies Programme offers flexibility with four intakes per year and six, eight and twelve month course options (two, three or four terms), depending on your academic background and level of English.
- The curriculum develops subject knowledge and skills as well as entrepreneurial enterprise, leadership and team skills to equip you for university.
- Special courses in English for Tertiary Study and New Zealand Culture and Society prepares you for study at university level.
- Subject choices include Accounting, Economics, Marketing, Tourism, Communication, Culture, Statistics, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
What the Foundation Studies programme offers
- Qualified, caring and experienced teachers.
- A supportive and personalised learning environment.
- A tutor who helps you to set high standards and develop your achievement goals.
Two offers of place from the start
When you apply for the Victoria Foundation Studies Programme you will receive two offers of place at the time of application—A letter of offer for the Victoria Foundation Studies Programme, and a conditional letter of offer for an undergraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
An unconditional offer of place will be issued as soon as students have successfully completed the Foundation Programme and met admission requirements.
The top student completing the Victoria Foundation Studies Programme each term receives a NZ$5,000 scholarship towards the tuition fees in the first year of their undergraduate degree at Victoria University.
2018 term dates
- Term 1
- Tuesday 23 January—Thursday 29 March
- Term 2
- Wednesday 18 April—Friday 29 June
- Term 3
- Monday 16 July—Friday 21 September
- Term 4
- Monday 8 October—Friday 14 December
ACG is New Zealand’s largest quality provider of private school education, university foundation studies and tertiary training programmes. ACG opened its first school in 1995. Today, ACG comprises 15 schools and tertiary colleges in three countries and offers a comprehensive range of academic and career pathways. Each year, ACG welcomes over 2,500 international students from approximately 50 different countries to its New Zealand schools and tertiary colleges.