You’re guaranteed entry into your programme of study with your unconditional Offer of Place—but you’ll complete enrolment and choose courses after you arrive.
You’ll complete your enrolment at International Orientation.
- you’ll sign up to your courses for the trimester
- we’ll check your visa and insurance
- you’ll pay your tuition fees (if you haven’t paid them already).
Before you can enrol
To complete your enrolment, you need:
- an unconditional Offer of Place
- or a conditional Offer of Place with proof that you’ve met all your conditions
- appropriate medical and travel insurance
- a valid student visa.
You should get all of these things organised before International Orientation starts. If you need help, you can visit Victoria International Office on campus.
Choosing your courses
You must enrol in between 45 and 60 points (three or four courses) per trimester to be a full-time student. Most undergraduate courses are worth 15 or 20 points each. Each degree or major has some courses you have to take, called required courses.
To see what other courses are available, check our course finder. Once you’ve decided which courses you’re interested in, check the lecture times—make sure that you have no timetable clashes.
How to enrol
How you’ll enrol depends on what you’re studying—you’ll find out exactly what you need to do at International Orientation.
Undergraduate full degree students (for example, Bachelor’s degrees)
If you have:
- an unconditional Offer of Place, you can enrol online—we’ll email you information about how to do this in October (for Trimester One) or April (for Trimester Two). You’ll still need to attend International Orientation to finalise your enrolment
- a conditional Offer of Place, you must enrol in person during International Orientation
- been accepted for credit transfer, you must enrol in person during International Orientation.
Online course review
If you’re an undergraduate full degree student and you’re enrolling online, you can submit your course selection for review before you confirm it. This takes about two working days.
Postgraduate full degree students (for example, Graduate Diploma, Master’s degrees)
You’ll enrol in person after attending International Orientation—check the ‘International admissions and enrolment’ section or your Offer of Place. Your courses need to be approved by your faculty as part of the enrolment process.
Study Abroad and exchange students
You should enrol in three or four courses per trimester, even if you’ve been pre-approved for more than four courses per trimester.
You can enrol:
- online—we’ll email you information about how to do this in October (for Trimester One) or April (for Trimester Two). You’ll still need to attend International Orientation to finalise your enrolment
- in person at International Orientation.