Orientation and enrolment
During International Orientation, you'll complete enrolment and get your student ID card. There are compulsory and optional activities to take part in.
International Orientation is your introduction to life at Victoria. It takes two days to complete, including finalising enrolment in your chosen courses.
At orientation you’ll get all the information you need to complete your enrolment. It will also:
- prepare you for academic study—including getting set up for study
- familiarise you with Wellington and New Zealand
- help you adjust to the cultural differences you may experience living here.
What is involved
International Orientation activities include:
- presentations about our campuses, life in New Zealand, and student life at Victoria
- campus and city tours
- learning about the services available to students on campus
- opportunities to meet other students from around the world
- activities to help you feel connected to the University community.
You will also complete your enrolment. Enrolment activities include: Choosing your courses, finding out how to change courses you have already selected, meeting faculty staff, and applying for your student ID Card.
When it happens
Visit our orientation and class start dates page to find when you need to be at international orientation (you will be given the date of your International Orientation in your Offer of Place letter).
Trimester Two, 2018
- Undergraduate and postgraduate orientation and enrolment
- Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 July, 2018
- Study Abroad and exchange orientation and enrolment
- Wednesday 11 and Thursday 12 July, 2018
- Classes start
- Monday, 16 July 2018
- PhD Orientation Monday 9th July (mandatory) and Tuesday 10th July (optional) 2018
- EPP placement test
- Wednesday, 11 July 2018
- EPP orientation and enrolment time and place to be confirmed at placement
What you need to bring
You’ll need to bring:
- your passport
- any documents your Offer of Place asked you to submit (such as transcripts)
- a printed copy of your e-visa (if you have an e-visa)
If you cannot attend
We strongly recommend that you arrive in time for your International Orientation and Enrolment, however if this is not possible, Contact Victoria International as soon as possible, so we can discuss your options.