Orientation and enrolment
International Orientation is your introduction to life at Victoria University of Wellington. During orientation, you'll also complete your enrolment.
What happens at orientation
International Orientation is a fun and informative two-day session where you’ll receive material and presentations to help you settle into life at the University. Your orientation activities will include:
- tips on how to prepare for your academic study—including getting set up for study
- presentations about our campuses, life in New Zealand and student life at Victoria University of Wellington
- tours of the university campus and Wellington central city
- information about the services available to students on campus
- opportunities to meet other students from around the world
- tips on adjusting to the cultural differences you may experience living here
- activities to help you feel connected to the University community.
Enrolling during orientation
For many international students, International Orientation is when you will enrol in your courses. Your enrolment activities will include:
- choosing your courses
- finding out how to change courses
- meeting faculty staff
- applying for your student ID card.
Students who have enrolled in their courses online will still need to complete some enrolment steps in person during International Orientation. These will be explained to you when you arrive.
International Orientation is held the week before your first classes start. Check our orientation and class start dates to find out when you need to attend International Orientation. These dates will also be given in your Offer of Place letter.
International Orientation is compulsory for all new international students for their first trimester of study.
What you need to bring
You’ll need to bring to International Orientation:
- your passport
- any documents your Offer of Place letter asked you to submit (such as your academic transcripts)
- a printed copy of your e-visa (if you have an e-visa).
If you cannot attend
We strongly recommend that you arrive in Wellington in time for your International Orientation. If this is not possible, contact Victoria International as soon as possible so we can discuss your options.