Orientation and enrolment
During International Orientation, you'll complete enrolment and get your student ID card. There are compulsory and optional activities to take part in.
International Orientation is your introduction to life at Victoria. It takes two days to complete, including finalising enrolment in your chosen courses.
At orientation you’ll get all the information you need to complete your enrolment. It will also:
- prepare you for academic study—including getting set up for study
- familiarise you with Wellington and New Zealand
- help you adjust to the cultural differences you may experience living here.
What is involved
International Orientation activities include:
- presentations about our campuses, life in New Zealand and our services for students
- campus tours
- a lunchtime expo where you will meet some of the staff and learn about the services available to students and enjoy a free lunch
- opportunities to meet other students from around the world
- activities to help you feel connected to the University community.
You will also complete your enrolment, choose or change your courses, meet faculty staff, and apply for your student ID Card.
When it happens
Visit our Orientation and Class Start Dates page to find when you need to be at international orientation (you will be given the date of your International Orientation in your Offer of Place letter).
Trimester Two, 2017
- Postgraduate and undergraduate orientation and enrolment
- Monday 10 July 2017 and Tuesday 11 July 2017
- Study Abroad and exchange orientation and enrolment
- Wednesday 12 July 2017 and Thursday 13 July 2017
- Classes start for postgraduate, undergraduate, Study Abroad and exchange students
- Monday 17 July 2017
- PhD orientation
- Monday 10 July 2017 and Tuesday 11 July
- EPP placement test
- Wednesday 12 July 2017
- EPP orientation and enrolment
- Friday 14 July 2017
What you need to bring
You’ll need to bring:
- your passport
- any documents your Offer of Place asked you to submit (such as transcripts)
- a printed copy of your e-visa (if you have an e-visa)
If you cannot attend
We strongly recommend that you arrive in time for your International Orientation and Enrolment, however if this is not possible, Contact Victoria International as soon as possible, so we can discuss your options.