Finding your way around
Becoming familiar with Wellington and Victoria takes a little time, especially when you're new to the country, too.
Victoria University has four campuses across Wellington—Kelburn, Pipitea, Te Aro and Karori. Find all the information you need to get there and get around on our campuses.
Finding your lecture theatres
To locate the lecture theatre buildings on the Kelburn campus (where most 100-level courses are taught), download the Kelburn campus map.
Maps are available for other campuses at the Victoria Info Ihonui.
Buildings have their names abbreviated to two letters, and lecture theatres are signalled by ‘LT’. The first number signals what level they are on.
Places to find on campus
Your Faculty Student and Academic Services Office
Contact your faculty to discuss all queries or concerns related to your study. Find your faculty office early on so you know where it is if you need help.
Student Union Building
Student Services in the Student Union Building include:
- Victoria University of Wellington Students' Association (VUWSA)
- Postgraduate Students’ Association (PGSA)
- the VUWSA Media Centre housing Salient and Victoria Broadcasting Club 88.3 FM
- Student Health and Wellbeing/Mauri Ora—health, physiotherapists and counselling
- meeting rooms for clubs.
Kelburn has the following retail outlets around campus:
- the Hub and Easterfield Building: Vic Books for books, texts, stationary, cards, gifts, postal services and convenience items; University Pharmacy; STA Travel
- Student Union Building: Bank and ATM
- Cotton Building: Fuji Xerox and ATM (next to campus safety)
- outside von Zedlitz Building: ATM.
Food and drink outlets
Each of our campuses have a range of places either on campus or close by where you can get a range of food and drinks.