Book our arrival meeting service
Victoria International provides a free meeting service for all new international students.
If you’re a new international student, complete this form to let us know when you’ll arrive in Wellington. We’ll:
- confirm your pre-arranged accommodation with the Accommodation Service
- meet you at the airport, ferry or train station when you arrive
- give you a welcome pack
- take you to your accommodation in Wellington.
This service is free to all new students.
Book your meeting service
You need to include the below when registering:
- full name
- student ID
- flight number
- arrival date and time
- accommodation address.
If you’re travelling with another student, you’ll each need to complete your own form.
All new requests need to be made at least three working days before you arrive in Wellington. If there are changes to your arrival details within this three day period, you can update the form, or email us at email@example.com.
PhD students are unable to use this online form to request our meeting service. Instead all PhD students need to email us their arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm your request via email.
When you arrive
The person meeting you will be wearing a green t-shirt and carrying a sign with the Victoria University logo and your name on it.
If you’re arriving:
- at Wellington Airport (from a domestic flight), wait by the baggage claim area on the ground floor
- at Wellington Airport (from an international flight), collect your bags and we will meet you as you leave Customs
- by bus or train, you will arrive at Wellington Railway Station. We’ll meet you at Platform 9
- on the ferry, we’ll meet you outside the terminal after you’ve collected your luggage.
If you can’t find us, contact:
If your plans change
If your plans change, resubmit the "Book your meeting service" form with the new details at least two working days before you arrive.
If they change while you’re travelling (for example, your flight is delayed), call us on +64-29-463-5350. If no one answers, leave a message including your:
- full name
- new arrival information (arrival date and time, and flight number if you are travelling by plane)
- mobile phone number (if you have one with you) including your international code.
We’ll try our best to meet you, but we can’t guarantee that we will be able to respond to late requests in time.
If you have to find your own way into the city, a taxi from the airport will cost you about $30, or there’s an airport bus that costs around $10.