The Pre-Start Programme is a cultural and academic preparatory programme designed specifically for New Zealand Scholarship Programme students.
Make sure you arrive in Wellington in time to attend every day of the course. Attendance is mandatory—it’s a requirement of your New Zealand Scholarship that you participate in the programme.
The two-week programme is normally held in early to mid February. We’ll email you to let you know the exact dates. You’ll learn about:
- your new academic environment and how to prepare for it
- academic skills
- your scholarship’s conditions
- culture transition and cultural adjustment
- student life at Victoria
- student support
- New Zealand history and culture
- orientation and enrolment.
You’ll also get to know other scholars, and attend social events to introduce you to new friends and to Wellington city.