Apply as a New Zealand secondary school student
If you are an international student currently studying at a New Zealand secondary school, find out how to apply.
If you are an international student currently studying for NCEA, International Baccalaureate (IB) or Cambridge exams (CIE) in New Zealand, you still need to complete an international application form like other international students but your application process is more direct.
As a current New Zealand secondary school student:
- you can email your completed international application form to Victoria International rather than sending a hardcopy by post or courier
- you don't need to provide us with your academic transcript or exam results when you apply.
Before applying you should be sure that you meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme of study. Go to our undergraduate degree pages to browse entry and study requirements.
How to apply
1. Download and complete the international application form
2. Prepare your documentation
- Scan a copy of your passport (the personal details page) and save as a PDF file.
- You do not need to send us a copy of your academic transcript or exam results.
3. Email us your application
- Email your completed application form and certified passport page to email@example.com
What happens next
You'll receive a conditional Offer of Place and an invitation to enrol in courses online
If your application to study at the University is successful, we will send you a conditional Offer of Place until your NCEA, IB or CIE results have been released. With your conditional Offer of Place, you are still able to enrol online into courses that you want to study, apply for accommodation, pay your tuition fees and prepare all the documents for your new student visa .
You'll accept your offer
You can accept, decline or defer your offer online.
We'll confirm your exam results
- NCEA students: If you have applied for admission with NCEA, you do not need to send your results to our team—we will verify your results online when they are released in January.
- Cambridge students: If you have applied for admission with CIE, you need to email your Cambridge Centre and candidate numbers to Victoria International—we will then verify your results online when they are released in January.
- International Baccalaureate students: If you have applied for admission with IB, you must request the release of your IB results to us once they are available. Our institution code is: 001649.
You'll receive an unconditional Offer of Place
After your results are released in January and the International Admissions team has checked that you have met the entry requirements, you will receive an unconditional Offer of Place.
Preparing for study at Victoria
Once you have received your unconditional Offer of Place, you should have already prepared your visa application materials.
You will now need to apply for your student visa.
Check your email inbox regularly for more information from Victoria International about preparing for your study.