Seminar presentation: Discussion of the 2017 Open Budget Survey results
New Zealand consistently achieves high marks for availability of information, but is making information available enough?
How is New Zealand performing on the "frontier" issue of fiscal transparency: direct public engagement in budget processes, fiscal policy design and implementation?
And what can be done to support greater independent oversight of budget formulation and implementation, as well as to promote more effective accountability?
- View presentations from the panel discussion on the Open Budget Survey, held on 31 January 2018
- Jonathan Dunn (Country researcher/NZ Open Budget Survey)
- Max Rashbrooke (author of Bridges Both Ways, a report on government openness)
- Keitha Booth (Country researcher/NZ OGP National Action Plan 2016-18)
- Murray Petrie (Lead advisor/Global Initiative for Fiscal Transparency-GIFT)