Interested in tutoring in Trimester 2, 2018?
The School of History, Philosophy, Political Science and International Relations requires Tutors for courses taught in Trimester 2, 2018.
9 May 2018
Please register your interest by completing the Expression of Interest Form, attaching a one-page CV with relevant teaching experience (if you did not tutor in T1 of 2018) and returning to the relevant administrator below by 18 June 2018.
Return via email or drop into office:
- History Tutoring: Teresa Durham (firstname.lastname@example.org; Old Kirk 405)
- Philosophy Tutoring: Yan Ma (email@example.com; Murphy 518)
- PSIR Tutoring: Adrienne Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org; Murphy 518)
Offers of tutoring are made primarily on the basis of academic merit. The School also has regard to factors such as previous tutoring experience and workload. Minimal qualification: enrolled in BA (Hons), preferably in the discipline you wish to tutor, or equivalent degree. Based on the above criteria preference is given to current PhD or MA students.
Selection will take into account the suitability of the candidates for specific classroom situations. We cannot guarantee that all senior students will be offered tutoring opportunities nor make any commitment until we have received (a) notification via the budget process of our funding, and (b) an indication of the likely level of enrolment in courses.
Your general duties as a Tutor include:
- Preparation for tutorials (including readings and exercises);
- Delivery of scheduled tutorials;
- Availability for specified student consultation each week during teaching times;
- Marking of student work;
- Meetings with other tutors and the course co-ordinator; and
- Other duties as required by the course co-ordinator.
- Return marked assignments to students during tutorials, lectures or office hours;
- Submit uncollected marked assignments to the Administrator in alphabetical order by surname;
- Record marks of individual assignments as advised by course coordinator and submit on time.