Teaching in 2018
- as Course Coordinator and Lecturer
BA Dip SW PGDip HSci MHSci (Hons) PhD Auck
Terry is a senior lecturer in population health, she co-ordinates HLWB102 and is the programme director for the Bachelor of Health. She spent many years working in South Auckland to develop innovative and responsive youth health services and became involved in research to support improving youth health outcomes. Terry co-developed SPARX computerized cognitive behavior therapy which is now publicly available in New Zealand and has contributed to many other digital mental health approaches in New Zealand and internationally. She is part of the Adolescent Health Research Group which has carried out the Youth2000 surveys among New Zealand high school students in 2001 2007 and 2017.
- digital mental health approaches
- public health (scalable and contextual) approaches for supporting mental health
- LGBTQI+ affirmative environments
- I am currently seeking students interested in projects 1 and 2 below
- Digital tools for mental health (health software, applied games, critical studies, evaluation, implementation and impact)
- Scalable approaches to improving youth health and wellbeing
- Integrating survey and intervention research for youth health gains. This is an HRC funded project to develop and test new ways of offering digital health interventions as part of a modified Youth2000 survey (Principal Investigator (PI) Terry Fleming VUW).
- Gamified mobile app for reducing youth depression. This is a Victoria University of Wellington funded Digital Futures project (PI Terry Fleming VUW)
- Trans-affirmative health clinic service evaluation. This is a Victoria University of Wellington Faculty of Health funded project (PI Terry Fleming VUW)
- E Tipu e Rea, The Better Start National Science Challenge youth resilience strand (HABITS), an digital ecosystem and apps to support mental health and wellbeing (PI Prof Sally Merry, UOA)
- High Intensity Interval Training for youth wellbeing (PI Nigel Harris AUT)
- App for supporting young people to reduce self-harm (PI Sarah Hetrick, UOA)
Co-convening International Society for Reserach on Internet Inteventions (ISRII) The Next Generation, Feb 2019.
Recently completed supervision and/or research projects
- Youth2000 surveys
- Qualitative and Quantitive evaluations of SPARX
- Service development, innovation and evaluation projects
View a list of publications from Terry Fleming