View current vacancies at the Ferrier Research Institute.
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
We are looking to recruit up to three PhD graduates. The positions will be two-year fixed term postdoctoral roles to carry out the synthetic and analytical chemistry required for government and commercially funded drug discovery and development projects. Some of this work is done through our joint venture with GlycoSyn (www.glycosyn.com).
We want motivated individuals who can work well in a highly collaborative team environment and who can contribute to intellectual property generation and to publications in leading journals and/or reports to clients. You will work on designing and carrying out synthetic routes to novel products. Many of these products require the ability to solve complex synthetic and analytical problems. We will provide an environment in which creativity, experimental research and client focus are valued in the production of applied products.
The ideal candidates will have expertise in synthetic organic chemistry.
- PhD that includes synthetic organic chemistry
- Evidence of research outputs including publications in top chemistry journals
- Great computer literacy
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team player and ability to collaborate effectively
- Legally entitled to work in New Zealand if not a New Zealand citizen (by obtaining an appropriate visa)
Useful experience, but not essential
- Expertise in carbohydrate chemistry
- Post-doctoral experience
Contact Details for Vacancy
Ferrier Research Institute, Ferrier@vuw.ac.nz
More details and job description can be found here
Applications close: 30 November 2018
We also have scholarships available for PhD and Masters projects at the Ferrier Research Institute. Visit our scholarships page to find out more.