Children’s Rights – National and International Contexts
Lectures, talks and seminars
20th Aug 2019 5:30pm to 20th Aug 2019 6:30pm
Lecture Theatre 1 (GBLT1), Old Government Buildings, 55 Lambton Quay, Wellington
It is 30 years since the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child was signed, setting out the civil, political, economic, social, health and cultural rights of the child.
The panel of four international experts on children’s rights will share their reflections on the potential of the international children’s rights framework, followed by remarks from New Zealand’s Children’s Commissioner.
- Associate Professor Nessa Lynch, Faculty of Law, Victoria University of Wellington
- Justice Vui Clarence Nelson, United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, Justice of the Supreme Court of Samoa
- Professor Ursula Kilkelly, University College Cork, Ireland
- Professor Laura Lundy, Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Bruce Adamson, Children and Young People’s Commissioner, Scotland
- Judge Andrew Becroft, Children’s Commissioner
For more information contact: Sharelle Kooyman