The Network Engineering major will be closed to new enrolments in 2018, subject to regulatory approval. You can specialise in Networked Applications as part of the Software Engineering major.
This page sets out the requirements for the BE(Hons) Network Engineering for students who enrolled in the major in 2017 or earlier.
Four years of full-time study.
A total of 480 points is required:
- at least 120 points must be at 400 level and above, and from courses listed for the BE(Hons)
- complete the requirements for at least one major subject
- 300- and 400-level courses may be counted towards only one major.
You must also complete at least 800 hours of employment or work experience in an approved engineering environment.
In addition to the degree requirements, for this major you'll need to complete:
- (ENGR 121, 122) or (MATH 151, 161; one of MATH 177, QUAN 102, or STAT 193); ENGR 142 or PHYS 114 or 115 or 122
- COMP 261, NWEN 241, 242(or 342 those those who had not completed 242 by 2017), 243, 301, 302, 304
- At least two courses from (SWEN 221-224, ECEN 201-239)
- At least one course from COMP 201-399, CGRA 350, SWEN 301-399, NWEN 303 or ECEN 301-399
- At least three courses from ENGR 440, NWEN 401-439; at least one further course from CGRA 407-459, COMP 401-479, ECEN 401-479, ENGR 440, 441, NWEN 401-479, SWEN 401-479